For Immediate Release: Chief Jenifer Collins-Brown reports that Topsfield firefighters responded to a home on Kinsman Lane at approximately 10:00 AM on May 10, 2020 for a report of an oven fire. The duty crew for the day, Captain Brown and Firefighter Bonaiuto, arrived in minutes in Engine 3 and briefly spoke with the occupants who had self evacuated. After a quick assessment, dispatch was updated from the scene that a fire on the stove top had extended to the cabinets. Fortunately, the homeowners were able to extinguish the bulk on the fire before they evacuated, leaving the home with mostly smoke damage and limiting the size and extent of the fire damage. Off-duty call and full time firefighters arrived minutes later in Truck 1, Engine 2, Squad 1 and Ambulance 1, they assisted with checking for fire spread into the walls of the kitchen and into the attic. Once the fire was deemed out, the building was ventilated and the kitchen appliances power was secured. Damage from the fire was estimated at $30,000 and two people were treated on scene for minor burns to the hands and possible smoke inhalation, neither were taken to the hospital. Chief Collins-Brown reminds citizens to take care when cooking and remember to “Put a Lid on It” if you have a grease fire in a pan at home. Thankfully, the homeowners acted quickly and saved their home, but most importantly, still remembered to evacuate and call 911.